TRACS HAS BEEN OPERATIONAL IN THE NEBRASKA STATE PATROL CARRIER ENFORCEMENT DIVISION SINCE APRIL OF 2005 AND IN 18 TRAFFIC UNITS SINCE JANUARY 2006. SINCE JANUARY 2007, TRACS HAS ALSO BEEN UTILIZED IN ONE UNIT BY THE NSP CAPITOL SECURITY DIVISION TO ISSUE PARKING TICKETS. CURRENTLY ALL TRAFFIC UNITS IN THE STATE PATROL ARE USING TRACS FOR TRAFFIC CITATIONS, WARNINGS, CRASHES, USE OF FORCE, PURSUIT CRITIQUE, NON-ENFORCMENT CONTACT, AND DRIVER EXCHANGE. CITATIONS AND WARNINGS ARE TRANSMITTED TO A STATEWIDE COURT SYSTEM.
TraCS has been implemented in a few local agencies in Nebraska which included agency training and adaptation of the application to fit their environments. NSP is continuing to work with these agencies to electronically transmit their citations to NSP using web services and then on to be automatically filed with the statewide court system. NSP is also assisting the local agencies to export their TraCS data so that it can be imported by their local records management systems.
Additional forms being developed include a License Revocation, Wrecker Release, Animal Destruction, Warrant Clearance, Commercial Inspections and Incident Report.
- LEAD AGENCY: Nebraska Crime Commission and Nebraska State Patrol (NSP)
- PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY: Internal Staff
- TRACS SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: Statewide Agency: Nebraska State Patrol. Local Agencies: Bellevue Police Dept, Richardson County Sheriff's Office, Dixon County Sheriff's Office, Emerson Police Dept, Ponca Police Dept
- MACH SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: Statewide Agency: Nebraska State Patrol. Local Agencies: Lancaster County Sheriff's Office, Seward County Sheriff's Office, Butler County Sheriff's Office, Saline County Sheriff's Office, David City Volunteer Fire Dept, Johnson County Sheriff's Office, Bellevue Police Dept, Lincoln Police Dept, Lincoln Fire and Rescue, Nemaha County Sheriff's Office, Nebraska Game and Parks, Phelps County Sheriff's Office, Harlan County Sheriff's Office, Richardson County Sheriff's Office, Saunders County Sheriff's Office, Sarpy County Sheriff's Office, Dixon County Sheriff's Office, Emerson Police Dept, Ponca Police Dept
- FUTURE DEPLOYMENT PLANS: Nebraska is currently working with a variety of agencies to get more forms into the system with the plan of then releasing TraCS as a complete package to local agencies throughout the state.
- LAST UPDATED: 2018/05
Forms being used by Nebraska include:
- Traffic Citation
- Traffic Warning
- Crash Form
- Use of Force
- Pursuit Critique
- Driver Exchange
- Non-Enforcement Contact
- Field Interview Card
- DMV Re-exam
ADDITIONAL FORM DEVELOPMENT PLANS:
- License Revocation
- Wrecker Release
- Animal Destruction
- Warrant Clearance
- Incident Report
MACH is currently in use by the State Patrol and 20 local agencies. NSP is using MACH CAD and a MACH BOT for querying NCIC.
TraCS Program Manager
MACH Program Manager