NEBRASKA’S PARTICIATION WITH THE NATIONAL MODEL BEGAN WITH THE NEBRASKA STATE PATROL’S CARRIER ENFORCEMENT DIVISION USING TRACS STARTING IN 2005 AND HAS EXPANDED TO THE ENTIRE AGENCY INCLUDING TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT TROOPERS, INVESITGATORS AND THE COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION USING TRACS, MACH, MACH CAD AND BOT. NEBRASKA STATE PATROL USES MACH CAD FOR NSP AND ALSO DISPATCHES FOR NEBRASKA GAME AND PARKS AND STATE FIRE MARSHALLS OFFICERS. OFFICERS ARE ABLE TO SELF-DISPATCH FOR TRAFFIC STOPS AND MOTORIST ASSIST CALLS USING MACH CAD. NSP HAS EXPANDED THE USE OF BOTH MACH AND TRACS TO LOCAL AGENCIES INCLUDING POLICE, SHERIFF AND TRIBAL AGENCIES AS WELL AS THE NEBRASKA DEPT OF AGRICULTURE, NEBRASKA HUMANE SOCIETY AND OMAHA AIRPORT AUTHORITY. THE NEBRASKA CRIME COMMISSION COORDINATES ALL TRACS AGENCIES WHO SUBMIT ELECTRONIC CITATIONS TO THE NEBRASKA COURT SYSTEM.
NEBRASKA USES A CENTRALLY HOSTED SERVER ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL AGENCIES WHICH ALLOWS USERS ACCESS THROUGH WEB SERVICES. CURRENTLY THERE ARE 28 TRACS FORMS IN PRODUCTION AND SEVERAL AUTOMATICALLY TRANSMIT ON A REGULAR BASIS TO THE COURT SYSTEM AS WELL AS THE NIAC (Nebraska Information Analysis Center) AND NEBRASKA DOT.
NSP PARTNERED WITH NDOT TO CREATE AND IMPLEMENT A MMUCC 5 COMPLIANT CRASH FORM AND HAS OFFERED THIS TO ALL NEBRASKA LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. THIS REPLACES A WEBSITE SUBMISSION PROCESS PREVIOUSLY HOSTED BY NDOT.
- LEAD AGENCY FOR TRACS: Nebraska Crime Commission and Nebraska State Patrol
- LEAD AGENCY FOR MACH: Nebraska State Patrol
- PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY: NSP Internal Staff
- TRACS SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: 130 Agencies use the TraCS Software for a total number of 2,903 users. Statewide Agencies include: Nebraska State Patrol, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Department of Agriculture Investigators and State Fire Marshal Officers -(612 users). Local Agencies include: Police, Sheriff and Tribal Law Enforcement Departments -(2,291 users).
- MACH SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: 92 Agencies use the MACH Software for a total number of 1,993 users. Statewide Agencies include: Nebraska State Patrol, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Department of Transportation and State Fire Marshal Officers -(572 users). Local Agencies include: Police, Sheriff, Tribal and Fire Departments -(1,421 users).
- FUTURE DEPLOYMENT PLANS: NSP is focused on expanding the use of TraCS and MACH across the agency and the state. NSP has partnered with Nebraska DOT to offer the use of the TraCS Crash Form for local law enforcement users to submit electronic accident forms to Nebraska DOT and continues to bring local agencies onto the TraCS program. NSP has also developed and tested TraCS RMS and is in the process of bringing local agencies on-board. TraCS RMS adds additional forms and functionality including Case Management and submitting NIBRS reports.
- LAST UPDATED: 2022/08
Forms being used by Nebraska include:
- Traffic Citation (2019)
- Traffic Warning
- NDOT Crash Form, MMUCC 5th Edition
- Use of Force
- Pursuit Critique
- Non-Enforcement Contact
- Field Interview Card
- DMV Re-exam
- Livestock Out of Service
- Animal Destruction
- Tow Form
- Arrest Report
- Call for Service
- Civil Service
- Evidence/Property Form
- Incident Report
- NIBRS Report
- Vehicle Title Inspection
- Dyed Fuel
ADDITIONAL FORM DEVELOPMENT PLANS:
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection
- Post-Crash Inspection Form (CMV)
- Warrant Clearance
The MACH system is an invaluable tool for interoperability between agencies. MACH users can view their partner agencies on the MACH Map and quickly coordinate responses and communicate during incidents. MACH is currently used by the Nebraska State Patrol, Nebraska Game and Parks, State Fire Marshals and by 90 local partner agencies. NSP uses the MACH CAD system and dispatches for NSP as well as Game and Parks and Fire Marshals. NSP is the only CAD user at this time and is developing plans to expand CAD for local agencies.
MACH Business Analyst, MACH Program Manager